Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The last couple of days have been really great for me.  Sunday was such a beautiful that I was outside for almost all of it.  I started my morning with a 6km walk/jog with one of my dogs.  When I got home I went for a 3km walk with my other dog who can't jog.  In the afternoon the hubby, kid and I went to Gatineau Park and went hiking for 3.5 kms on part of the Trans Canada Trail.  It had a couple of crazy steep hills and I could really feel it in my glutes!  After our hike we had a wonderful supper at Soup'Herbe, a vegetarian restaurant just outside of the park.  For a treat afterwards, we went for ice cream.  I couldn't have asked for a better day.  It felt so good to soak up the sun and to be so active.

Yesterday I started my day with a 5.5km walk with a friend.  If you have time in the morning, I highly recommend starting your day off with a brisk walk.  Even if you can only get out for 10-20 minutes in the morning, it is SO worth it.  It will help to energize you throughout the day.

Today was kind of a grey day so I didn't get out in the morning.  I did however, go to my running class this evening.  We did 5-10-3-10-5 (walk-run-walk-run-walk) tonight, almost 5kms.  I brought my dog along with me which is always a big motivator for me to run further and longer.  I've also found that running while listening to music makes a big difference in the distance I can run.  When I'm not concentrating on running, being distracted by some great tunes, I can run further and usually run faster as well.

This is my running play list right now, Rolling in the Deep (Adele), Give Me Everything (Pitbull), Shake Señora (Pitbull), Jai Ho (Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack), Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO), and Take Me Away (Danny Fernandes).

Choose some upbeat music that keeps you motivated.  It will help you keep pace and encourage you to keep those feet moving.

My hubby made a great soup for dinner tonight.  Here's the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment