Saturday, May 11, 2013

Routine

It's funny how when you get into a routine and then one day you don't do it, how much you miss it that day.  This is what happened to me today.  Normally I'm up at 7am, and I walk my dogs at 8am.  Today I missed my morning walk and all day long I felt like something was missing.  I felt lazy and slow and I found that I ate more than usual.  Routine can be such a great thing, especially when it's exercise, and you really start to feel a difference in your body when you miss out.  I made up for the missed exercise by doing an Insanity workout this evening and taking the dogs for a shorter walk.

I started a running group in the town I live in this week.  We were supposed to have our first run this morning but no one showed up because it was raining a bit.  I must say that I was disappointed.  There were 5 of us who were going to go and I was really looking forward to it.  We're going to start tomorrow evening instead.  We'll be working up to running 30 minutes straight, using the Get Running App.  I've been taking my running class at the YMCA and I am currently doing walk 3, run 12, walk 3, run 10, walk 5.  I wanted to start this group as a place where women could come learn to run for free.  I really hope that it works out and that they all start to show up.

I made muffins today and I wanted to share the recipe because they were delicious.  You can substitute the oil for applesauce if you'd like.  I had grilled salmon, zucchini and sweet potatoes for dinner tonight.  My hubby made it and it was awesome :)


No comments:

Post a Comment